Checkout using your account
Checkout as a new customer
Creating an account has many benefits:
- See order and shipping status
- Track order history
- Check out faster
The Hip Haberdasher Limited (trading as V V Rouleaux) is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office UK (ICO), registration number A8298312.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use, hereafter referred to as "usage data".
- your name, delivery address, billing address, email address and phone number, hereafter referred to as "purchase data".
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the Contact page, hereafter referred to as "enquiry data"
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, hereafter referred to as "correspondence data".
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, hereafter referred to as "marketing data".
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For the exhaustive list of cookies and the data they collect, see our Cookies page.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may process your purchase data to fulfil your order and payment and, unless you advise us otherwise, pass your information to our couriers and agents to organise the fulfilment of your order. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- We may process your enquiry data and your correspondence data to provide you with information requested from us relating to our products our services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, if you have consented to receive such information. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- We may process your usage data for the purposes of market and web design research. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services. In this instance, Google UK Ltd., will act as a data processor on behalf of the data controller.
- If you have consented, we may process your marketing data to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We may also share your information with secure third parties that perform services on our behalf ie Google UK Ltd.
- If you have consented, we may also process your marketing data to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may process any of the aforementioned data identified in this where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
if you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data. You may also withdraw your consent at any time.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION FOR
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will retain the data indefinitely until its purpose has been served or until you request the erasure of the data.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure UK-based servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
You have the right to access the personal data we collect from you, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a small fee.
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw consent to consent-based processing;
- you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law;
- the processing is for direct marketing purposes and the personal data have been unlawfully processed.
However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure in the case where processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data;
- processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent, or that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commission Office.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to V V Rouleaux, 5 Western Bank, Wigton, CA7 9SJ or email us at [email protected] as soon as possible.