How to choose a Royal Ascot hat
With Royal Ascot 2018 fast approaching, there's one thing we're particularly looking forward to: seeing this year's amazing hats, of course! As while the Royal Ascot dress code is strict, that doesn't stop racegoers from experimenting with the one style buy that's synonymous with the event. From showstopping fascinators that show of the wearer's individual style, to themed hats that make the front page, not a year goes by without visitors showing off their marvellous millinery.
Choosing a Royal Ascot hat is a big decision, so before you take the plunge, here are a few of our top tips:
- DO: Go for something eye-catching. It's a stylish sensation – rather than a tiny titfer – you need for Ascot.
- DON'T: Pick a hat that's uncomfortable, because no one wants to carry a hat under their arm all day.
- DO: Co-ordinate with a fetching outfit. Take your outfit or a swatch of fabric along with you to choose a hat, but try not to over-match – sometimes a contrast can look amazing.
- DON'T: Forget to prep and style your hair accordingly.
- DO: Have fun with it and show off your personality.
We design and create a collection of one-of-a-kind Royal Ascot headpieces, and hundreds of head-turning bespoke hats every year just for the occasion. Pop in to our London or Bath shop where our millinery gurus will work closely with you to make or update a special V V style which completes your outfit in no time at all. Alternatively, why not choose some Feathers and Flowers online to update an old favourite at home?
And the 'Best Dressed' award goes to...